Titus 1v6-- a question of modification

From: Julie Woodson (jwoodson@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 11:13:03 EDT

In Titus 1 verse 6, some qualifications of an overseer, of whom should the
phrase 'not accused of dissipation or rebellion' be understood as a
description?

Is it modifying children? Or is it modifying TIS? How is such a question
decided?

The comma in the UBS4 text would indicate to me that it is part of the list
of qualifications of the overseer. However, is there any intrinsic evidence
to collaborate the punctuation, having been added much later on, and, as I
understand, somewhat irregularly or should I say, arbitrarily?

International Community School
Bangkok, Thailand