RE: Use of Greek in Email and Chatrooms for Teaching 1st Year Gre ek

From: Armando Cottim (DSI) (armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 04:57:21 EDT

Hi Bob and welcome to B-Greek.

In fact, if what you want is to have an Internet school ... this is
feasible. You have to distribute a (freeware) Greek font to every
participant. This way everyone will be able to read the Greek chars in the
messages.
It wouldn't be feasible if you where to open the email teaching to
everybody, like B-Greek does.

The same idea would have to be applied if you have everybody using the same
word processor (Word, or any other). In fact, WordPerfect (is it still
sold?) installs a Greek font as well as an Hebrew one. Then, through the
Internet you can find freeware fonts for almost every alphabet (mail me if
you need help on this). So ... you might as well use email.

Regarding the transliteration issue ... I think Carl as answered you.

Now ... I hope you are successful with your ministry and ... if I can be of
assistance ... just drop me a line. I will be more than happy to help.

Bye for now
Armando

Armando A. Cottim
armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt
<mailto:armando.cottim@mundialconfianca.pt>
Microsoft Certified Professional
Certified Novell Engineer
Certified Novell Instructor
TekMetrics Certified COBOL II Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Visual Basic 5 Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Web Programmer
TekMetrics Certified HTML Programmer
TekMetrics Certified Windows 95 Administrator