Gal 4:30 LEGEI as a Perfective Present?

From: Joseph Brian Tucker (music@riverviewcog.org)
Date: Sun May 30 1999 - 20:06:10 EDT

Greetings

The contextual (introductory formula) perfective present seems to best
describe LEGEI this way. That is, the statement was spoken in the past, it
still speaks today and is binding on the hearers. Is LEGEI a Perfective
Present in Gal 4:30? Secondly, the two genitive phrases (h hUIOS TAS
PAIDISKAS and TOU hUIOU TAS ELEUTHERAS seem to be genitives of
relationship. I am not sure because genitives of relationship are so rare
and I don't know if it meets the level of acceptance of this type here. Is
it a genitive of relationship or a simple genitive of possession? Thirdly,
I am interested in the presence of OU MA before KLARONOMASEI, what is the
reason of both, does it have anything to do with seeing KLARONOMASEI as a
future active indicative or an aorist active imperative? Fourthly, EKBALE
position in the sentence and in the argument is exceptional, I am thinking
that it is a permissive imperative or a conditional imperative instead of a
simple command, any thoughts?

Thank You for you attention to my rather ponderous quesiton

Brian Tucker, M.A.
Riverview, MI