Re: Gematria

From: Juan Stam (jstam@una.ac.cr)
Date: Fri Jun 18 1999 - 09:16:07 EDT

Hi Cindy, Your question about gematria seems to have gotten no reply (that I
have seen). You'll find extensive discussion in the commentaries on Rev
13.18. Also see Kittel 1:461-4; 9:416f,607 and Colin Brown ed. New
International Dictionary of NT Theol 2:683s.

Also helpful is David Daube, THE NT AND RABBINIC JUDAISM p432, and Raymond
Brown INTRODUCTION TO THE NT p793

Best wishes for your paper on this,

Juan Stam (Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica)