Re: question

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 08:39:39 EDT

Re Carl's quote from Matthew 7:29 (or Mark 1:22?) it is interesting that this EXOUSIA
of Jesus stands in contrast to the question asked at John 7:15 (PWS hOUTOS GRAMMATA
OIDEN MH MEMAQHKWWS). In addition, it is said of some of his foremost Galilean
followers that they were AGRAMMATOI...KAI IDIWTAI (Acts 4:13). Perhaps authority may
derive from being a "scholar," but not entirely so.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org

"Carl W. Conrad" wrote:

> At 2:24 AM -0500 8/3/99, Mitchell Gray wrote:
> >Dear B-Greekers,
> >
> >I was wondering what kind of degree would someone need to have to be
> >considered a scholar of the Greek language.

<snip>