Re: Cyclopedia

From: LGOberean@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 04:05:18 EDT

Dear Mitchell and fellow list members,

McClintock & Strong's monumental work, the *Cyclopedia of Biblical,
Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature* (1867-1887), was reprinted by
Baker Book House in 1981. Unfortunately, it is currently out of print. An
online search of bakerbooks.com and CBD failed to find it. Amazon.com
declares that it is out of print. An online search of Barnes and Noble
brought up the following information:

<< Out-of-Print and Used Search Results
There are no in-print books for Title is Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological,
and Ecclesiastical Literature
We found 1 matching titles.
1 - 1 are displayed below in alphabetical order.
 CYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLICAL, THEOLOGICAL, AND ECCLESIASTICAL LITERATURE (12
VOLUME SET) .: CYCLOPEDIA OF BIBLICAL, THEOLOGICAL, AND ECCLESIASTICAL
LITERATURE (12 VOLUME SET) .
McClintock (M'clintock) , John and Strong, James
Condition: VG+/NONE. Ex-Lib. Binding is Hardcover.
Format: Hardcover
Associated Dealer: Footnotes Bookshop Wilmore, KY
Our Price: $1,000.00 >>

About a year and a half ago I was fortunate enough to find a set (Baker's
reprint) in near mint condition at Half Price Books. Their price for this 12
volume set: $175.00! I considered this price (a little less than $14.59 per
volume) to be a bargain, and purchased it immediately. I hope you are as
fortunate in your search for this valuable tool.

Larry G. Overton
LGOberean@aol.com

 Do any of you know if it is still possible to get McClintock and Strongs
 *Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature*?

 Best,
 Mitchell Gray