Re: Rev 11:15 hH BASILEIA / hAI BASILEIAI

From: Edward Hobbs (EHOBBS@WELLESLEY.EDU)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 19:39:04 EDT

Colleagues:

Jonahan asks:

>"For the Book of Revelation he had but one manuscript, dating from the
>twelfth century, which he had borrowed from his friend Reuchlin.

Has that manuscript been identified? I would love to know which MS it is.

-----------------------

It is cursive 1 (of Revelation, not Gospels, Acts, and Paul),
which is now renumbered as 2814. It is the text of Revelation with a
commentary on it by Andreas, bishop of Caesarea in Cappadocia. (The
commentary text somtimes mucks up the text of the Apocalypse, forcing
Erasmus to back-translate words here and there, in addition to 22:16-21
which were missing (being the last leaf, frequently falling off books
even in these modern times).

My memory tells me Tregelles collated it soon after it was located by
Delitzsch--must have been in the 1870's.

Edward Hobbs