OMOLOGEW

From: Dmitriy Reznik (dpreznik@usa.net)
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 17:43:31 EDT

Dear friends,

I wonder if the word OMOLOGEW should be translated as "confess". This
English word seems to me to be too religious. Maybe it is enough to
translate it as "acknowledge"? Was it used with this meaning in common
(secular) life?

Just couple of examples I am specially interested in:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive
us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesseth
that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God.
1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God
abideth in him, and he in God.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are gone forth into the world, even they that
confess not that Jesus Christ cometh in the flesh. This is the deceiver and
the antichrist.

Thank you. And thank you for answering my previous question about BIOS.

Dmitriy Reznik