Re: A verse by verse parsing of the NT

From: Greg Kilbrai (gkilbrai@cableregina.com)
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 20:00:47 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Bret Hicks <bret@ratedg.com>

>I was wondering if there is any book which is a good guide to parsing in
>the NT that goes verse by verse. What I am thinking of is something
>that has the greek text and contains parsing and a brief meaning on the
>same page in footnotes, or on the opposing page, or in an index at the
>back, but that is done in regular NT order. I am reading through the NT
>during breakfast, but having to use an analytical lexicon to check my
>parsing makes the going very sloooow, so something that had the parsing
>listed verse by verse would be wonderful.
> I have seen some of you mention Zerwick before. Is this the format
>of Zerwick? Is Zerwick the best source for this sort of help, or is
>there somewhere else to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend Refresh Your Greek by Wesley Perschbacher (Moody Press 1989).
It uses UBS 3rd. It doesn't have every single word parsed, but the majority
of them that occur 50 times or less are footnooted the first few times they
occur in each book. Each new verb form is footnoted at least 20 times. Words
occuring 50 times or more are in a basic glossary at the beginning,
supplemented by those for each individual book of the GNT.

I got my copy at Christian Book Distributors.

Zerwick doesnt provide complete parsing, but is a separate text of
reading/grammar/translating cues., but it does not include the GNT. You will
need your GNT in one hand and Zerwick in the other.

I'd be happy to fax you one page of each to help you decide if they'd be
helpful for you.