Re: ELPIS and PISTIS

From: Joe A. Friberg (JoeFriberg@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 01:53:27 EST

Without having pursued much direct study on this question, I have tended to
concur with David McKay's suggestion on the temporal distinction between
these two words (except that I have considered PISTIS as *present* focussed
rather than past focussed). Regarding Jim West's comments, his description
of "authentic reliability" sounds more like a definition of adjectival
PISTOS rather than the nominal PISTIS.

However, let me request clarification from Jim West: would your answer have
been essentially the same regarding the contrast between the verbal forms
ELPIZW and PISTEUW??

Thanks, and God Bless!
Joe Friberg