Re: Linguistics pages

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 13:55:00 EST

<x-flowed>At 06:41 PM 11/23/99 +0000, J.K. Aitken wrote:
>Dear B-greekers,
>
> Does anyone know of any webpages that have linguistics databases for
>articles and books? Since we have some for biblical, theological and
>classical studies, there must be some out there. I have only found ones
>for computer language programming. I am particularly interested in
>semantcis, pragmatics and syntax blbiographies.

Try the following as starting points for information on Linguistics (as
opposed to languages):

The Linguist List: http://www.linguistlist.org/
Human Languages Page http://www.june29.com/HLP/
On
Yahoo:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Social_Science/Linguistics_and_Human_Languages/

For dictionaries and grammars for a variety of languages, I like Robert
Beard's pages:

Dictionaries: http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/diction.html
Grammars: http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/grammars.html

Hope this helps!