RE: First year grammar

From: Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:49:41 EST

<x-flowed>At 01:26 PM 11/30/99 -0800, Frank J. Schmuck wrote:

>I noticed that this string is somewhat dead. After the first mention of
>Machen there was no more. I was wondering if someone could contrast Machen
>and Mounce relative to first year grammer.

To me, Machen is a useful source of tables and summaries, but nothing you
could teach yourself with. Mounce is much more tutorial and approachable.
The one irritating thing about Mounce is his theological summaries at the
beginning of each chapter, especially since some of them seem to imply that
a Greek text says more than I think it says.

If you want my take on some first year grammars, see the Little Greek home
page in my signature.

Jonathan

Jonathan
Robie