brefos v. paidion

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 21:45:58 EST

Well I suppose y'all knew it was coming; but I wish to ask after the
specific meaning of brefos and paidion. What ages are denoted by these
terms (beyond the general 'infant' and 'youth'). Is there any source which
says something like "a brefos is a baby from birth to weaning; whilst a
paidion is a toddler from 2 and up to the teen years". (thats just an
example- to give some notion of what I am looking for).

Thanks and Happy Chanukkah to all

Jim

Jim West, ThD
jwest@highland.net
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

"This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill