Matthew 5:12

From: David A Bielby (dbielby@juno.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:21:41 EST

I am learning from all the input on this verse and I appreciate it. The
sense I have from the passage reminds me of a friend of mine who used to
pray and when he intensely said something...he would grasp for a more
powerful way to say it. Then, he would restate his point again more
powerfully.

I like the exclamation points...I've been thinking that it could be
translated 'rejoice, even explode with joy, because great is your
reward....' but I don't like even that much more than using and. So,
I've struggled with 'rejoice, that is be overjoyed....' but that seems to
insert too much....How about just putting it after the phrase and say
something like....'rejoice because your reward in heaven is great! Be
overjoyed!

David Bielby
Vineyard Christian Fellowship
Bloomington/Normal, Illinois USA