Re: Matthew 5:12

From: Garland H. Shinn (ghshinn@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 17:31:26 EST

Perhaps not. The point I was making in my own crude way is that in order
for a figure of speech to be effective, it must be clearly seen.
Hendiadys appears to be an element that can be used or not used on the
theological whim of the reader. I personally find such "figures of
speech" suspect.

Garland