re: Syntax Grammars

From: JTAMIN@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 18:42:26 EST

There are several good syntax grammars: 1) A.T. Robertson's, A Grammar of the
Greek New Testament, contains within it some execellent syntactical insights.
 2) Dana and Mantey's, A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament, has also
been around a while, but it is still an excellent resource. 3) Wallaace's, Gr
eek Grammar Beyond the Basics, is one of the newest out and has some good,
pracitcal insights for pastors. 4) However, in my humble opinion, I would
hightly recommend James Brooks and Carlton Winbery's, Syntex of New Testament
Greek. Dr. Brooks was my Greek professor at NOBTS, and Carlton was his TA.
Their book is not only of great practical value to a pastor, but it covers
the total range of Greek syntactical analysis, and I believer it is the best
on the market at this time.

God bless you,

Justin T. Alfred
Murrieta, CA