Book Review - "off list" request

From: Eric Weiss (eweiss@gte.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 07:51:59 EST

B-Greek members:

I am involved in an interaction with an author whom I feel to be
misapplying his advertised "expertise in biblical Greek" in a book
currently being marketed as a "popular" rather than a "scholarly" work.

If any members of B-Greek are interested in reviewing *** OFF LIST ***
for fairness of treatment and accuracy a critique I have written and
shared with the author - or to see more fully what I am talking about
before deciding whether or not to respond to me - the URL is
http://home1.gte.net/eweiss/renner.htm

My "review" has been amended subsequent to my conversation with the
author to include lengthy enough extracts and quotations, as well as
Scripture references, so that not having the book at hand won't be too
much of a liability.

Should you decide to comment on the examples I give of the author's
treatment of "the Greek" and/or my evaluation of his book, I would like
to be able to share your comments with the author in any further
conversations we might have.

NOTE: In consideration for the author, this URL is no longer linked from
any pages on my Web site; it can only be accessed by going to it
directly via this message.

--
Eric S. Weiss
eweiss@gte.net