Fwd: OFF-TOPIC: on-line resource (Augustine)

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 20:58:19 EST

We've had some off-topic recommendations and questions posted over the
weekend; I just received this announcement from Jim O'Donnell that his
epochal (I think it's fair to call it that) Latin text of and commentary on
Augustine's Confessions is being published in full on the web with access
available to all. Even for those who cannot read the Latin I think this
ought to be a welcome announcement to those seriously interested in one of
the major works of early Christendom and of Western civilization.