RE: Didache 12:5

From: James Ernest (jernest@hendrickson.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 17:31:04 EST

Interesting. Anyone with some time to spare and access to
a TLG setup might have fun with an index search for words
ending with -emporos or -emporon etc. (At least John Baima's
TLG Workplace enables this kind of searching.)

Not all that many forms show up, but some of them are
interesting: psychemporos, somatemporos, logemporos.
One or another of these may have been the inspiration
for the coinage christemporos...., and English translations
of the works where they occur might provide other ways
of translating, though I'm not sure the search needs
to go on.

--there are connections with the kapelos family of words,
e.g., in the Suda entry for andrapodokapelos.

James

James D. Ernest
Senior editor, academic books, Hendrickson Publishers
Ph.D. cand., Boston College
S-MAIL: c/o Hendrickson Publishers, 140 Summit Street,
Κ P. O. Box 3473, Peabody, MA 01961-3473 USA
FAX: 978/573-8243ΚΚΚΚΚΚΚΚ PHONE: 978/573-2243
Mail sent to ernest@bc.edu <mailto:ernest@bc.edu> is accessible to me
anywhere and is also copied to jernest@hendrickson.com
<mailto:jernest@hendrickson.com> .
Mail sent to jernest@hendrickson.com <mailto:jernest@hendrickson.com>