Re: English to Greek

From: Steven Craig Miller (scmiller@www.plantnet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:23:08 EST

<x-flowed>To: John Ryan,

<< ... I have a problem. As I am not studying Greek formally, I have
nowhere that I can submit questions on translating English into Greek. Does
anyone know of an on-line forum for this? Or are there any individuals who
have the time and interest to answer such questions? >>

Although I've greatly enjoy this list, and although the moderators of this
list have graciously allowed issues to be discussed which are not directly
related to biblical Greek texts, the name of this list, and I assume its
major focus, is biblical Greek. I've been toying with the idea of starting
a new list on egroups.com which would be devoted to exploring issues
related to second language learning of ancient Greek (from Homer to
Byzantium), including learning conversational ancient Greek for oral
proficiency and learning ancient Greek prose composition. I wonder if
others feel that such a new list might be beneficial, or not?

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
scmiller@www.plantnet.com
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad
degrees).