Re: A question from a novice!

From: Steven Lo Vullo (doulos@chorus.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 18:03:03 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Jim,

How then would you explain texts like John 3:19, 12:43, 2 Timothy 4:10, and
1 John 2:15 if in fact AGAPAW and its derivatives are ALWAYS (caps yours)
used in the sense of self-giving love that requires and expects nothing in
return?

Also, since the LXX informed so much of the word usage of the NT, and is,
like the NT, also Hellenistic Greek, how can its database be irrelevant to
study of the NT?

Steve LoVullo,
Madison, WI