Re: Rom 1:1 KLHTOS APOSTOLOS

From: Theodore H Mann (thmann@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 11:37:42 EDT

LIke Charles, I also have not followed this thread, but his comment
prompts me to ask the following:

I'd appreciate knowing at what point in history terms such as APOSTOLOS
and DIAKONOS ceased being descriptive of functions only, and became
titles. When Paul identified himself as an apostle, was the term already
being used as a title, as well as a description of function?

Thanks.

Ted

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann / thmann@juno.com
Fax and Voice Mail: 1-562-750-5242