Re: Greek fonts

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 07:22:16 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2000 4:02:27 AM Central Standard Time,
lucifer@iel.unicamp.br writes:

<< I wanna know: Who can give me the wonderfull greek fonts? My adress is
 lucifer@iel.unicamp.br

 In fact, I realy need this, please someone help me.

There are any number of Greek fonts out there. Some are better than others.
The problem with some is that they aren't free so not everyone has access to
them. There are, however, some free and readily available fonts. One of
them is SPIonic which was developed for the Scholar's Press. It is now
available at the Society of Biblical Literature site.

<A HREF="ftp://ftp.sbl-site.org/pub/fonts/">ftp://ftp.sbl-site.org/pub/fonts/<
/A>

The main problem with this font is that it is limited in certain respects. It
has no numbers, no brackets, no parentheses. To get these you must change to
another font then change back again. The font itself isn't bad otherwise.
You might give it a try.

gfsomsel