Re: numbering posts in digest mode

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 09:31:57 EDT

At 1:05 PM -0400 4/27/00, SPegler919@aol.com wrote:
>This is a request related to the way that digest messages are delivered.
>They are currently numbered at the top, but not through the body of the
>digest. I belong to other digests where they are numbered both at the top,
>and throughout the digest. That means I can find message number 8 quickly.
>The way this digest is now constructed, it is hard to find a specific message
>in the middle of the digest.
>
>Is there a way this can be altered?

If Jonathan sees this he may be able to answer with more than guesswork,
but my own educated guess that this is strictly a matter of the way the
software program used for list maintenance is programmed. The Lyris
software used by B-Greek and other lists at metalabs.unc.edu (e.g.
B-Hebrew, Corpus Paulinum, Kata Markon) seems to be set up to prepare
digests this way and not to number the messages except in the initial
catalog of the previous day's messages in the order of their posting.

--
Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List