Re: Transliterated texts/grammars/lexicons?

From: Steve Puluka (spuluka@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 06:27:34 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Baines" <alfred1sca@hotmail.com>

> I am new to B-Greek and to the study of NTG. I was just curious if anyone
> knew of any texts, grammars, and/or lexicons which are written in
> transliterated Greek, using Roman characters. It seems to me that this
> would be of tremendous use for laypersons such as myself.

It's really not that hard, and well worth the effort to learn the Greek
alphabet. One thing that I discovered that helped me long ago was a feature
in the Macintosh operating system where you can select any font for the
display of your file and folder names. Now it even includes the menus. I
switched this over to a Greek or symbol font on every machine a worked on.
This gave me Greek alphabet english words to read all day long at work.

If your display supports it you can do this in windows in the display
control panel too.

Steve Puluka
Consultor for Adult Education