APEKDUSAMENOI and ENDUSAMENOI

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 01:10:57 EDT

<x-flowed>

Col. 3:9,10

MH YEUDESQE EIS ALLHLOUS

APEKDUSAMENOI TON PALAION...
KAI ENDUSAMENOI TON NEON...

Would it be natural to take both of these participles as Conditional?

“If you put off X, and if you put on Y, then you will stop lying to one
another.”

What should I make of the Aorist participles modifying the Present verb?

“If you have put off X, and if you have put on Y, then..”

It was this Aorist that lead me to consider the Conditional, since I first
think of antecedent action with a Present verb. I know that is not ALWAYS
the case.

How is the Aorist aspect brought out if these are considered Imperatives?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson