TI EMOI KAI SOI (John 2:4)

From: Jason Hare (parousia_occ@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 12:36:03 EDT

Listermembers,

I am wondering about this construction and what exactly the idiom means.
It is used here (John 2.4) by Jesus concerning he and his mother. However,
the same idiom is used in another place by the demons in 'Legion'
concerning them and Jesus ('What have we to do with you, Son of the Most
High?!'). What would we say about the connotation and tone of the phrase?
How should the idiom be understood?

Jason Hare

P.S. I think we have discussed this before, but I did not know what to
look under in the archives. I looked, but did not find it. If you could
refer me to it, that would be great in itself. Thanks!!