[b-greek] Re: Gen. of Apposition

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 12:55:05 EDT

Dave:

 The Genitive of Apposition is a construction where a substantive (noun,
pronoun, or participle) is followed by another substantive in the genitive
case. The second substantive renames the first substantive. An example would
be "the Gift of the Spirit" which can be understood as " the Gift which is
the Spirit"

Hope this clarifies this concept for you

Kevin

At 11:03 AM 6/24/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Please forgive the elementary nature of this question. Can someone give me
>a thumbnail definition of genitive of apposition and a reference where I
>might find a further discussion? I'd also love to see information about
>grammatical resources directly aimed at NT Greek available on the Internet.
>
>Dave Spotts (sent an introduction but don't recall seeing it yet)
>koinepub@prodigy.net
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: cierpke@prodigy.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to