[b-greek] Re: question for profs

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 10:07:16 EDT

At 05:42 AM 7/13/00 -0400, you wrote:

>How would any of you who routinely deal with students entering
>New Testament courses that require Greek define an acceptable
>level of Greek ability for starting out in NT? (Other than simply
>saying that you must pass two semesters.)

I would ask you to translate 1 John 1:1-8. If you did an average to above
average job I would say you had learned the equivalent of a first year
student. If you couldn't translate it reasonably well-- I would say that
you needed to re do certain aspects of your previous studies.

>If anyone thinks it might be kinder to respond to me off-list,
>I'm all in favor of kindness at this point.

:)
smile - you will be fine.

jim

Jim West, ThD