[b-greek] Re: I Cor. 6:11: APOLOUSASQE, (Acts 22:16)

From: B.J. Williamson (hellen_ic@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 10:33:29 EDT

<x-flowed>

Ward wrote:

>And in both cases (Isaiah and 1 Cor) the use of the middle indicates that
>the persons concerned are not totally passive but that some action on their
>part is required too in the washing process.

Walt:

You may not find a better response than this one from Ward. This response
refects an excellent grasp of the Greek Middle in this context.

A recent discussion took place on Acts 22:16. In case you were busy, simply
apply this definition of the Middle to the two Middles in 22:16 and you've
got it!

Respectfully,

B. J. Williamson