[b-greek] Quick clarification on an old thread

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 15:38:18 EDT

<x-flowed>

1 Tim. 3:2

MIAS GUNAIKOS ANDRA

I noticed these possible alternatives in the Archives:

1. a husband married only once in this life (whether currently married)

2. a husband devoted solely to his (current) wife

3. a man who is a “one woman” kind of man (whether married, death of spouse,
divorced, or never married)

As my email address indicates, I live in Atlanta, GA, home of Emory
University, but also, home of Charles Stanley (whose marriage has been the
topic of many discussions in Atlanta).

As I searched the Archives, I got the feeling that many had their particular
preferences as to how to understand this phrase, but my clarification is
more directed toward the occurrences of this phrase outside the Bible.

Does this Greek phrase appear in extra-biblical Greek?

I would be interested in looking at other contexts in which this appears, if
at all.

Thank you,

Mark Wilson