[b-greek] Re: Rewards Ceremony?

From: Mark Wilson (emory2002@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 15:25:55 EDT

<x-flowed>
Carl wrote:

>In my opinion it is the usage of KOMIZOMAI more than anything
>else here that makes this verse confusing to one not familiar with the
>forensic usage.

Two follow-up questions, please.

1. Could you expand on the "confusion" regarding KOMIZOMAI?

Does the use of KOMIZOMAI here tend to support taking the BHMA in a judicial
sense (witness stand), tribunal sense (whatever that is), or more of the
rewards platform of the Isthmian games?

2. Does the use of this term, BHMA, mean something slightly different to a
Corinthian, as opposed to those of a geographical area where the Isthmian or
Olympian games were NOT hosted?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson

http://profiles.msn.com.