[b-greek] Teaching students to READ

From: stratfink (stratfink@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 12:38:29 EDT

Hello, all. It's been a while.

I am now teaching Greek 101 (well, that's not the number they use, but you
get the point) for the first time. We are working with A.K.M. Adam's
grammar, and I am quite happy with the grammar.

My questions:
At what point in the semester do list members who teach usually have
students actually open the NT text?

Do you wait until you have introduced and discussed the basic verb tenses
and noun declensions? Or do you jump into text immediately?

What tools for reading do you have students use? (I haven't had them
purchase an analytical lexicon or whatnot.)

Grace and peace,

Perry L. Stepp

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church
Ph.D. Candidate (ABD), Baylor University
Adjunct Professor, Dallas Christian College
Adjunct Professor, Christ for the Nations Institute

Such a long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.