[b-greek] Re: New Testament Jehovah Quotes

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (cierpke@prodigy.net)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:58:01 EDT

Denny:

Ernst Wurthwein in his _Text of the Old Testament_ in his discussion of
Papyrus Fouad 266 mentions that very old copies of the LXX have the
tetragrammation written in the the prong-shaped Old Hebrew letters (as
opposed to tthe usual square script that is used for today's Hebrew) in
place of the normal KURIOS. St. Jerome mentions this practice in his works
_Prologus Galeatus_ and _Epistula 25 ad Marcellam_.

Kevin

At 02:53 PM 9/15/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Denny Diehl here,
>
>> the Greek New Testament uses the word kurios
>> for the Divine name.
>
>I've heard that there is ms evidence that the LXX
>at one time had YHWH. I checked my copy of
>Brenton at a few places, and all the references
>came up KURIOS. Does anyone have any info
>on this?
>
>Thanks!
>Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
>Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:
>http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: cierpke@prodigy.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to