[b-greek] Re: 1 Cor. 11

From: Tom Belt (tgbelt@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 03:11:21 EDT

> Denny Diehl here
>
> with a question concerning KATAKALUPTW as found
> in 1 Cor 11:

Denny-

If you have access to a library, and they have the Catholic Biblical
Quarterly, there are two excellent articles by Jerome Murphy-O'Conner on
this very issue (with a good deal to say about KATAKALUPTW). I don't have
the bibliographic info here at home and I'm home sick for a few days. If you
can't find the articles I'll get you the info. Murphy-O'Conner argues that
KATA KEFALEIS ECWN ("having down the head") and KATAKALUPTW (based on LXX
use of this verb) both point to disheveled "hair" in this passage and not to
a "covering"
resting "on the head."

Blessings,
Tom