[b-greek] Re: 1Cor 13:6

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 11:00:15 EDT

<x-flowed>
Carl:

You wrote:

>In the paraphrase that I did for my daughter's
>wedding several years ago I converted the Greek text of this verse as:
>
> "Loving-kindness isn't pleased
> when someone gets hurt;
> what really thrills it
> is integrity winning out."
>
>That might seem hard to justify, but it does seem to me that ALHQEIA here
>must be intended as an antithesis of ADIKIA.

No justification necessary for me. I like it.

I realize this was a "paraphrase" for a special occasion, but might I ask
for your thoughts on SUG + CAIREI used at the end of this verse?

What are the implications of CAIREI being contrasted (used in this
antithesis) with SUGCAIREI?

Is the thought that when integrity wins out, there will be mutual (SUG)
joy/thrill?

Thank you,

Mark Wilson

http://profiles.msn.com.