[b-greek] Semitic Patterns of Speech in the Writings of Paul?

From: Dr. Deborah J. Greenhill (ravdev@mail.fm)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 01:51:04 EDT

Blessings, All,
Yesterday a conversation came up about semitic patterns in I Corinthians
1:23-25. Is this true? If so, are there other instances where Paul uses
Hebraisms to show his linguistic abilities for Aramaic or Hebrew? If
Hebraisms are evident in the underlying tones of Greek texr, is it
possible to reconstruct accurately a Hebrew text of the writings of Paul?
Clement of Alexandria states that there was an original Book of Hebrews in
the Hebrew language. Discounting the Book of Hebrews are there other
possibilities for Hebrew originals [read 'autographs']?

Thank you for any response. I am using this material for a graduate level
research paper.

Dr. Deborah J. Greenhill, ND
PhD candidate Jubilee Christian College
Jasper, Arkansas