Re: [b-greek] NA26: Manuscript evidence lacking?

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 17:00:53 EDT

At 03:33 PM 10/17/00 -0400, Theodore H Mann wrote:<br>
I received an email this morning from a friend who surprised me by<br>
claiming that there are readings in NA26 that have no manuscript support<br>
at all.&nbsp; I have emailed him, requesting that he identify those readings<br>
for me.&nbsp; While I am waiting for his reply, however, I thought this might<br>
be of interest to the list.&nbsp; Are there in fact passages in NA 26 that<br>
have no manuscript support?&nbsp; If so, what is the rationale for including<br>
them?&nbsp; Do these same readings appear in NA27?</blockquote><br>
This is a question that can best be answered by looking closely at a copy of the NA26 or NA27. If you look at a printed edition of the NA26 or NA27, the apparatus tells you exactly which manuscripts support each variant reading. There is also a table that tells you the names of each of these manuscripts.<br>
Jonathan</html>