[b-greek] Re: questions

From: jwest@highland.net
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 10:18:37 EST

> I have a couple of questions:
>
> Firstly, I think I missed some pertinent information about the BDAG -- I
> understand that there is a new edition -- what has been changed? Anything
> significant, or minor updates? (by how interested everyone is in it, I am
> thinking the changes must be fairly substantial).

fairly substantial. updated lexicographic info is always fairly important.

> Secondly, and this maybe sounds like a silly question, -- how difficult is
> the book of Hebrews to work through? I have heard some "ominous" things
> said by someone, about the Greek in that book. I would be really interested
> in going through it, but of course, I am nowhere near as proficient in Greek
> as the person who told me, in as many words, that Hebrews is a very
> difficult book. The reason I want to know, is that I am considering working
> through the book with my church -- I think it is a very rich book to preach
> out of. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well Hebrews is only difficult because the vocabulary is fairly uniqie to it.
1 peter is better Greek and a bit harder than Hebrews Actually. John's stuff
is the easiest- the the Synoptics, then Paul and the catholics, then hebrews,
then Peter. Revelation is a mess.

Best,

Jim

104137H@franklin.oit.unc.edu