[b-greek] Re: Luke 21.28

From: Reggie Ponder, Jr. (rwponder@lycos.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 16:33:13 EST

> Dear Walt and B-Greek,
I am a new member of B-Greek. I am interested in this thread.

You wrote:
Luke doesn't use APOLUTRWSIS any place else. However, he does use
> LUTRWSIS in 1:68 and 2:38. He also uses LUTROW in 24:21. Is it possible
> that the way the latter two words are used could shed light on the
> meaning in Luke 21:28?

The usage of these other words probably helps clarify the meaning
somewhat, although the context of Chapter 21 itself seems fairly clear to
me. The times are hard, but they will not last forever -- "your
redemption/deliverance draws near."

Peace,
Rev. Reggie Ponder, Jr.
Mt. Tirzah United Methodist Church