[b-greek] Re: hOUTOS/EKEINOS - GENEA

From: Daniel Buck (dbuck@briercrest.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 17:12:00 EST

I would be interested in hearing thoughts on the use of this expression in
the author of Hebrews modification of Ps 94 LXX in Heb 3:10, where he
substitutes hOUTOS for the reading EKEINOS from the LXX. Is this merely
stylistic conformity to a stock phrase in the NT culture, or is the author
(note the non-use of a personal pronoun, hedging) making a theological
statement akin to the usage in the gospels.

Dan Buck