[b-greek] Re: Plain Text ASCII vs. Styled Text in AOL

From: L. J. Swain (larry.swain@wmich.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 11:31:56 EST

Dave,
Not everyone on the list is on a PC or MAC, some universities, including mine,
still don't support a single program and so a number of folk on this list use pine,
elm, or even heaven forfend SMPT and a dumb terminal. In order to accomadate
everyone on the list, the protocols for the list are to send our messages in plain
text, so that no matter the platform, the program, or the location in the world,
everyone may participate.

From a long time subscriber,

Larry Swain