[b-greek] Re: Biblical Humor

From: Tony Costa (tmcos@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 18:37:09 EST

<x-flowed>

>From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur@nyx.net>
>To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
>Subject: Re: Biblical Humor
>Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:19:28 -0700
>
> > Don't forget the shortest man in the Bible, Bildad the Shuhite.
>
>Yeah, they used to think it was Knee-high-miah...the Bible starts
>with a baseball game, "In the big inning"...
>
> > And for the Christians on the list, the most awkward man in the gospels
>was
> > the father of the Prodigal son, who "went out to meet [his returning
>son]
> > and fell on his neck."

Imagine "falling on their faces"! Ouch, that must have hurt. (Rev 11:16 KJV)

>LOL! I hadn't heard that one before. Thanks!

Some of my favourites are:

1. The sect of the Saducees did not believe in the resurrection of the body,
that's why they were SAD-U-CEE? (Sad you see?)

2.The little girl asked her Sunday school teacher who "Lo" was because in
the Bible she encounted her, as in "...Lo, I am with you always..." (Matt
28:20 KJV)