[b-greek] Re: Matthew 11.11

From: Peter Milloy (peter1448@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 08:44:41 EST

<x-flowed>
But, Mark, don't you see some intended contrast here? Isn't Jesus
contrasting the present age with the age to come (kingdom)? Isn't he saying
that the kingdom is so different that on some scale of values the least in
the kingdom is "greater" (whatever that means) than John?

That's how I've always read it, anyway. I didn't get in on the start of
this particular conversation, so maybe you or someone else can share a
better interpretation with me.