[b-greek] PRWTOS

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 10:56:38 EDT

<x-html>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Firstly, everyone be calm. &nbsp;Please read the entire message before you react. &nbsp;
<BR>I think you'll see that this is a legitimate subject for this forum.
<BR>
<BR>Aune, in the WBC on Revelation proposes that there was an original
<BR>apocalyptic writing which was later revised. &nbsp;The original included 1.7-12a
<BR>and 4.1 ff. &nbsp;I need not specify any more of his view. &nbsp;In 1.7 ff. we have the
<BR>appearance of the exalted Christ to John beginning with "a voice like a
<BR>trumpet". &nbsp;In 4.1 it speaks of hH FWNH hH PRWTH. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>My question is NOT regarding source criticism (or theology for that matter)
<BR>but regarding the use of PRWTH here if one were to accept that the 7 letters
<BR>are from a later revision. &nbsp;There would then be nothing intervening between
<BR>the original vision/call report and this passage. &nbsp;Would one then speak of hH
<BR>FWNH hH PRWTH? &nbsp;Is there a meaning for this word which would make sense here
<BR>(which might reasonably be expected to be used, not something obscure)? &nbsp;To
<BR>me it seems unreasonable to understand it in the sense of "first" or "former"
<BR>unless something intervenes. &nbsp;Any ideas?
<BR>
<BR>gfsomsel
<BR>
<BR></FONT>
---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>