[b-greek] the intent of the Spirit/flesh saying at Mk. 14:38

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (jgibson000@home.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 21:42:35 EDT

I wonder if List Members would share with me what they see that can be
gained from the Greek text of Mk 14:38 regarding the intent behind the
"The Spirit is indeed willing but the Flesh is weak" saying?

Does it function as an explanation of why Jesus has told Peter, James,
and John to pray what he urges them to pray?

Is it a warning of some kind, and if so about what?

Any other possibilities?

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

--