[b-greek] accusative with EIMI, Col. 1:6

From: Chuck Tripp (ctripp@ptialaska.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 11:13:50 EDT

I am looking at Colossians 1:6, I'll quote it from verse 5:

DIA THN ELPIDA THN APOKEIMENHN hUMIN EN TOIS OURANOIS, hHN PROHKOUSATE EN
TiW LOGiW THS ALHQEIAS TOU EUAGGELIOU TOU PARONTOS EIS hUMAS, KAQWS KAI EN
PANTI TiW KOSMiW ESTIN KARPOFOROUMENON KAI AUXANOMENON KAQWS EN hUMIN
AF'HS...

What interests me here is 'ESTIN KARPOFOROUMENON DAI AUZANOMENON'. Why are
these two participals in the accusative? My understanding is that when used
with EIMI that these would normally be in the nominative case. Also, I had
to kind of hunt for what the referent of these two participals, my guess is
that it is EUAGGELIOU.

Chuck Tripp
Kodiak, Alaska