[b-greek] Book questions

From: Pete Richert (maqhths_tou_hhfmou@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 14:20:31 EDT

Hello again,

I'm interesting in getting a little bit of an
introduction to textual critisism; mainly what
manuscripts are out there and why we favor some over
others. I think I am going to purchase

The Text of the New Testament an Introduction to the
Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of
Modern Textual Criticism
by Kurt Aland, Barbara Aland

but there is also

The Text of the New Testament : Its Transmission,
Corruption, and Restoration
by Bruce Manning Metzger.

What do you guys reccommend.

Thanks,
Pete [Richert: new list-members please note that B-Greek protocol
requires a full-name signature appended to messages sent to the
list. Moderator]