[b-greek] Fwd: KEFALH, hUPOTASSESQAI, H, AUQENTEIN, OUK ..

From: CWestf5155@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 12:04:53 EDT

From: CWestf5155@aol.com
Full-name: CWestf5155
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:53:54 EDT
Subject: Re: [b-greek] KEFALH, hUPOTASSESQAI, H, AUQENTEIN, OUK ..
To: qodeshlayhvh@juno.com, bgreek@franklin.oit.unc.edu

Richard,

I think that it is appropriate to at least identify the source of the
questions in the document as Wayne Grudum, "An Open Letter to Egalitarians",
Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (March 1998):1, 3-4.

Eventually I expect to do my own hopefully extensive study of the
grammatical/linguistic/cultural/logical/presuppositional issues surrounding
the questions, but my focus is elsewhere for now.

Meanwhile, let me recommend eds. James R. Beck and Craig L. Blomberg, Two
Views on Women in Ministry, Zondervan, 2001. The book contains contributions
by two egalitarians (Craig Keener and Linda Belleville) and two
traditionalists/complementarians (Thomas Scheiner and Ann Bowman). Linda L.
Belleville interacts with the six questions in pp. 130-139.

Cindy Westfall
Assistant Professor
Colorado Christian University

P.S. I am using AOL 5.0 for this post. I assume that all is well?

In a message dated 7/31/01 9:40:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time,