[b-greek] Preposition Proposition Revisited

From: Matthew R. Miller (biblicalscribe@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 13:37:44 EDT

To Whom it May Concern,
My request for the uses of EIS was not an attempt to "get you to do my
homework," and I apologize if I am "annoying." Yes, I have a large library
filled with Greek data, and no, I am not a beginner. My only reason for
asking on this list is that not all Greek lexicons give one all of the
information desired, and often real, live scholars who work with various
Greek texts every day may realize a usage of a preposition that is not
common enough to find its way into Thayer's or BAGD. I suppose the fact
that this annoys people explains one of my main complaints against
"scholars:" the seeming mindset that "we are experts" and "those dumb
rookies need to do their own work." I thought the purpose of this list was
to ask Greek questions? And I cannot think of a Greeker question than the
use of prepositions. However, I will simply look in the usual lexica and
perhaps miss out on some scholarly insight. Sorry that I am not up to your
high standards. Matt Miller